Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

All Natural Bug Spray

Hot, muggy weather is here and that rolls out the welcome carpet for Florida's state bird I mean, mosquitoes.  If you are like me, those little buggers will find you out of a crowd of 10 people and feed until their little hearts are content.  (Do mosquitoes even have hearts?  Just wondering)  Also, as a momma of small children I want for them to be protected without slathering their virgin skin with all sorts of crazy chemicals.  My new option is to make my own mosquito repellent.  100% all natural ingredients and minimal risk of reaction from the littles.  I thought I'd share my recipe in case the two of you reading this blog wanted to try it. We've used it a few times and each time, I haven't seen any evidence of blood sucking having taken place....  Sorry so graphic, but I really have a dislike for mosquitoes.

100% All Natural Mosquito Repellent
4oz. spray bottle
1.5 oz. distilled water
1.5 oz. vodka (or distilled water)
10 drops organic citronella essential oil
18 drops organic lavender essential oil
10 drops organic eucalyptus essential oil
5 drops organic lemongrass essential oil

Shake well before each use.  

**There are some people who will have reactions to essential oils, so use with caution and if you notice any ill-effects discontinue use.**

1 comment: