Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Well, they ain't Paula Deen

but for what they are, they aren't bad...

Okay, so I've got some weird medical type stuff going on....  Not gonna tell you about it here.  But, part of the treatment is to drastically change your diet.   So, as necessity truly is the mother of all invention, I have invented an almost sugar free, wheat free chocolate chip cookie.  I think it would qualify as gluten free, but I am not sure if chocolate chips have gluten in them or not.  Anyway, I thought I'd share the recipe here just in case anyone wanted to have a nearly sugar free, wheat free chocolate chip cookie.  Listen, don't expect them to taste like a Paula Deen recipe (though they do sport 2 sticks of butter).  These are an alternative to the ooey, gooey, amazingly delicious regular version...    And, like I said for what they are they aren't bad.

Nearly Sugar Free, Wheat Free Chocolate Chip Cookie (original recipe)
1 cup butter softened
2 tsp. liquid Stevia
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp organic pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups almond flour (I made my own from roasted UNSALTED almonds in a coffee grinder)
1 1/4 cups organic soy flour  (use organic...regular soy flour is loaded with bad stuff.  GMO's)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup puffed millet
1/2 cup puffed brown rice
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups chocolate chips

Cream together Stevia and butter.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Blend thoroughly.  Add all other ingredients but chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.  Lastly add the chips (if you wanted totally sugar free I think they do make them) and mix.  Place in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.   

In my opinion these are best fresh out of the oven, as they are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.  But, once cooled the texture is more cake like to me.  

Let me know what you think!
 

1 comment:

  1. I *loved* them. I told my aunt about the cookies and she's excited about possibly trying them. They were so good, Amanda. Seriously. Keep this recipe!

    ReplyDelete